I am not a Slow Food Edmonton member (currently looking into it), and as much as I want to attend this event, I most likely will be out of town this day...but perhaps some of you may be interested in this.
We who are so passionate about the local food opportunities that our city provides are acutely aware that food expertise (in a variety of forms) lies within each of our neighbourhoods. This is our first Eat Alberta conference of what we hope to be many that will celebrate local food throughout Alberta.
This is a DIY conference! Some of the hands on sessions include:
· Sausage making
· Cheese making demonstration
· Apple pie and pastry making
· Bread making
· Pasta making
Tasting sessions include:
· Fruit wine tasting
· Honey tasting
· Coffee tasting
· Canadian wine and cheese pairing
· Goat Cheese Tasting
There will also be opening and closing keynote sessions on urban gardening and urban homesteading, respectively.
What the day looks like:
· 8:30 to 5 p.m.
· Continental Breakfast followed by the morning keynote
· Two morning break out sessions (choose from 8 different sessions)
· A charcuterie and cheesetasting lunch with artisan breads
· Two afternoon break out sessions (choose from 8 different sessions)
· Closing session followed by a “wine” down
To register, or for more information please go to http://www.eatalberta.ca/
Post a Comment